Our team of experts developed and maintains the C-130 and C-5 Corrosion Prevention and Control Programs for the U.S. Air Force, plans programs and leads C-130 and C-5 Corrosion Prevention Advisory Board working groups at several locations, and conducts corrosion program surveys and equipment assessments worldwide. We have been the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers (USACE) Construction Engineering Research Laboratory’s (CERL) lead contractor of choice on numerous award-winning test and evaluation projects.
Both of our corrosion prevention and control programs have both been recognized by U.S. Air Force Senior Executive Staff personnel as the “Best in the Air Force.” Our personnel have been leaders in corrosion prevention, control, policy development and program support since 2006.
- An unparalleled team of corrosion experts with over 350 years' combined corrosion engineering, technical and specific program management experience.
- 70+ construction-material test and evaluation projects for USACE/CERL worldwide.
- Corrosion prevention, control materials/processes and remediation experience spans military and civil engineering projects, including: corrosion sensors, roads, bridges, sea walls, structural health monitoring of bridges and cooling systems, and environmentally-compliant corrosion-inhibiting coatings for water towers.
- 12 years’ experience authoring the U.S. Air Force’s Corrosion Prevention and Control Program (CPCP) Plans and managing the day-to-day CPCP programs for all variant models/series of the C-5 Galaxy and the C-130 Hercules aircrafts.
- The Air Force Corrosion Program Executive Office (SAF AQ/CCPE) has selected the MDL CPCP Plans and Programs as the best in the Air Force.
- DoD Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition Technology and Logistics Office of Corrosion Policy and Oversight Air Force (CPO)
- Air Force Material Command (AFMC) Life Cycle Management Center C-5 CPCP (AFLCMC/WLSEB) support
- AFMC AFLCMC/WLNE C-130 CPCP support
- Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright Patterson AFB
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory
Our Contract Efforts
- On-site fleet-wide structural corrosion health assessment
- Specific aircraft platform Corrosion Prevention and Control Program planning and program management
- Organizational and depot-level corrosion-related material test and integration
- C-130 chrome-free coating systems demonstration/validation test and test monitoring
- Successful PDM fiberglass chemical de-paint process development, evaluation and integration
- All model design series variants of C-5 Galaxy and C-130 aircraft engineering coating application, as well as drawings development and updates
- Gel-type gasket material test, evaluation and integration for use under removable panels and antennae
- Transition of innovative corrosion-prevention and control into mainstream maintenance activities
- Demonstration/validation of innovative corrosion prevention and control materials and methodologies
- Innovative corrosion materials and processes problem resolutions on continually aging fleets